The Input-Output Global (IOG) team has said it will delay submitting a proposal to update the Vasil hard fork as it still needs to address seven outstanding bugs that are currently assessed as minor. While acknowledging that the news is likely to be disappointing to some, the IOG team insisted that it is “taking great precautions to make sure we’re doing this rollout the right way.”
Need more time
The core Input-Output Global (IOG) team working on the Cardano Testnet upgrade recently announced that it has “agreed” to delay submitting the Vasil hard fork upgrade proposal, as previously stated. The team hinted that about seven unresolved bugs, none of which were rated as serious, caused the delay.
As reported on June 20 Blog post, the decision to postpone the hard fork came after an evaluation call from the core team at the end of the week. Noting that the team was able to complete 95% of the Plutus V2 test scripts, the post says that the core team still needs to run a few backlogs to make sure everything is working as expected. Added to post:
We decided that we would need a few more days for this. Because of this, we are behind schedule on the previously announced target date of June 29 for the mainnet hard fork.
Meanwhile, in a blog post, the IOG team describes the work on the Vasil hard fork as “the most complex development and integration program” it has worked on to date, which also required close coordination across the ecosystem.
Mainnet update delayed
According to the blog post, the final decision to hard fork Cardano Testnet will be made after consultation with “members of the SPO and DApp developer community.”
The post notes:
Today, IOG and the Cardano Foundation agreed on a new target date for the testnet hard fork at the end of June. Once completed, we will give exchanges and SPOs four weeks to complete any necessary integration and testing work. This is reasonable and should not be rushed. So the working assumption should now be a Cardano mainnet hard fork that will happen in the last week of July.
While acknowledging that news of the hard fork delay will likely disappoint some, the IOG team insists the decision was made to ensure a proper rollout. As Bitcoin.com News previously reported, Cardano supporters expected the hard fork to help ADA the token will break the $1 mark by the end of June. However, since the announcement, the value of the token has fluctuated between $0.51 and $0.46.
In the meantime, the IOG team warned that “there can be no absolute deadlines in software development.” The core team explained that if more time is required, the developers will be completely happy with it.
What do you think of this story? Let us know what you think in the comments section below.
Denial of responsibilityA: This article is for informational purposes only. This is not a direct offer or solicitation to buy or sell, nor is it a recommendation or endorsement of any products, services or companies. Bitcoin.com does not provide investment, tax, legal or accounting advice. Neither the company nor the author is directly or indirectly liable for any damage or loss caused or alleged to be caused by the use of or reliance on any content, goods or services mentioned in this article.
Credit : news.bitcoin.com