Global e-commerce giant eBay has acquired KnownOrigin’s non-fungible token (NFT) marketplace as it aims to become a leader in digital collectibles.
- The news of the acquisition was announced at Press release Wednesday (June 22, 2022). Although details of the purchase remain scarce, the statement notes that both parties have signed and closed the deal.
- Meanwhile, eBay noted that the acquisition of the NFT marketplace was an important step in the company’s journey into the world of digital collectibles as it aims to become the world’s leading destination for such items.
- According to eBay CEO Jamie Iannone:
“eBay is the first stop for people from all over the world looking for the perfect, hard-to-find or unique addition to their collection and with this acquisition we will remain the leading site as our community increasingly adds digital collectibles. “.
- KnownOrigin was founded in 2018 and allows artists and collectors to showcase, sell and collect unique digital items. Co-founder David Moore said now is the perfect time to partner with a company as big as eBay.
- Moore added:
“This is the beginning of a new chapter in the KnownOrigin story, and we couldn’t have picked a better time to focus on development and innovation with the eBay team. This partnership will help us attract a new wave of NFT creators and collectors.”
- The latest development comes shortly after eBay partnered with Web 3 company OneOf to launch a hockey-themed NFT collection. Back in 2021, the e-commerce market allowed the sale of NFTs on its platform.
Binance Free $100 (Exclusive): Sign up and get $100 free and 10% off Binance Futures fees for the first month. (terms).
sign up and enter the code POTATO50 to get up to $7,000 on your deposits.
Credit : cryptopotato.com