How Web3 gaming can reach mainstream adoption
According to report from Dappradar. This demonstrates that gaming is currently the fastest growing sector in the blockchain space, well ahead of decentralized finance (DeFi) and non-fungible tokens (NFTs).
At the end of 2022, a survey commissioned by Coda Labs showed that 75% of game developers expect to work with Web3 games in the future. Approximately 56% of respondents, who included industry professionals, recognized that Web3 technology will revolutionize gaming.
However, Web3 games are still far from mainstream adoption and AAA ambitions due to the many issues that need to be addressed.
Problems with Web3 games
Web3 games are rapidly evolving, but they still need to take into account a few aspects in order to target the mainstream audience. Play-to-Earn (P2E) blockchain games have made a splash in the past, but the latest bear market and a series of token price crashes have shown that they may not be as sustainable as originally thought. The next generation of Web3 games should focus on other economic models that empower players.
The problem with P2E games is that most of them are not geared towards gamers and rarely integrate fun gameplay to appeal to more casual gamers. The model puts a lot of emphasis on making a profit while ignoring the fun part.
2022 report released by the Blockchain Game Alliance (BGA), revealed that industry professionals consider poor gameplay and difficult customization to be the main issues hindering mainstream adoption.
How can Web3 games attract more players?
Web3 games are evolving and solving current problems will likely help them compete with traditional AAA games. Here are five key areas that require the most attention from developers:
- Gameplay – Developers should start by creating a story that provides an immersive and engaging experience. Gameplay is as important to a video game as a script is to a movie. A compelling story combined with great visuals and an immersive experience can help.
- Onboarding – The next generation of Web3 games should provide an intuitive and smooth onboarding experience. The best solution would be a single gaming ecosystem with its own wallet, token, marketplace and unique account.
- Sustainable Economy – Game developers can explore new monetization strategies by interacting with Web3. In addition, blockchain-based economies should be fun to exchange and trade tokens and buy and sell NFTs on marketplaces.
- Player Focused – Players should have more power and control over how they play, what they can do with in-game items, and how they manage their assets. For example, non-custodial wallets may be preferred as they give users more control over their assets.
- Technology − Ideally, Web3 games use proprietary or public blockchain networks that are scalable, secure, and can process transactions at high speeds.
Some developers are already tackling the most pressing issues in Web3 games. One example neon linka layered gaming ecosystem that highlights the unique benefits and features of Web3.
Neon Link is a one-stop Web3 gaming ecosystem with its own digital wallet, exchange, marketplace, and bridge. More importantly, it puts a lot of focus on players and gameplay.
In addition to providing cutting-edge infrastructure for Web3 games, Neon Link is set to launch several proprietary video games on its decentralized network, including Climb to the edge, Neon Saga and Neon Punks Arcade. A representative of the development team commented:
“We’re excited about what we can achieve when we have our own talent to build the entire Web3 gaming ecosystem, not just parts of it. We can’t wait for players to get access to Ascend the End Closed Alpha soon and start showing the value of true AAA online gaming.”
Neon Link is aimed at mass adoption, simplifying the onboarding process. Users have one account and use one type of digital currency throughout the ecosystem. The ecosystem is not only user-friendly, but also gives players full control over their funds by supporting non-custodial wallets.
neon link games are player-centric, have fun and memorable gameplay, and feature interesting monetization schemes. For example, Ascend the End, a battle royale RPG, offers a AAA gaming experience by rewarding players who reach the top.
It’s time for AAA Web3 games
By solving their current problems, Web3 games are steadily moving towards competition with traditional AAA games. This is a great achievement considering that blockchain games are still in their infancy.
Previously, all discussions about blockchain games were focused on numbers, stages of investment, and economic models. Today we can see a significant shift in the gameplay and the quality of the gameplay and visuals. It is clear that Web3 games are serious about reaching the AAA level in order to ensure wide distribution.
Denial of responsibility. Cryptooshala does not endorse any content or product on this page. While we strive to provide you with all the important information we can obtain, readers should do their own research before taking any action related to the company and take full responsibility for their decisions, and this article should not be considered investment advice.
Credit : cointelegraph.com