Blockchain data shows that a recent unintentional recipient of 20 million OP tokens from Optimism sent 1 million of those tokens to Ethereum co-founder Vitalik Buterin.
- According to security firm Blockchain PackshieldThe exploiter’s network address sent 1,000,000 OP to an address previously identified as belonging to Vitalik.
- At the time of writing, the funds are worth about $874,000. This happens after the exploiter has already Sales 1 million more tokens before Vitalik’s transaction.
- In addition, the exploiter delegated voting rights for the sent tokens to Yoav Weiss, a researcher at the Ethereum Foundation. Previously, Vitalik delegated about 1,700 tokens to the same person.
- Optimism recently completed its OP token giveaway, giving OPs to the earliest and most dedicated users of the Tier 2 network. More than 50% of eligible addresses have already requested their tokens.
- On Wednesday, Optimism intended to send 20 million OP to crypto market maker Wintermute. However, a transaction error on the Wintermute side due to Level 2 complexities results in loss of access to tokens.
- The attacker took OP shortly after and attempts by Optimism and Wintermute to contact him came to nothing.
- Wintermute took full responsibility for the issue and even said they were impressed with the attacker’s performance.
Binance Free $100 (Exclusive): Sign up and get $100 free and 10% off Binance Futures fees for the first month. (terms).
sign up and enter the code POTATO50 to get up to $7,000 on your deposits.
Credit : cryptopotato.com